CODEWARRIORZ THOUGHTS - RANDOM NEURON FIRINMGS

CODEWARRIORZ THOUGHTS - RANDOM NEURON FIRINMGS
NO SKEPTICS ALLOWED- THIS IS A NO SCEPTIC ZONE

Thursday, May 6, 2010

The last echoing tones of the Screaming Guitar


They asked me, CODE, WHAT'S YOUR OPINION OF MODERN MUSIC ?



While reflecting on the horrible state of so-called "popular music", it is clear that the current crop of tunes, is NOT rock and roll, but a mixture of lounge singer music, bubble gum music, a version of Men Without Hats "SAFETY DANCE", and the Perry Como skit that Second City TV used to do.

You can tell it from the beginning of these new "tunes". No good back beat, no screaming guitar, no screaming vocals, no pounding bass...in short,. nothing worth anything. The monotonous dronings of The Fray, Uncle Kracker, Michael Buble, Failure Shit...er, Taylor Swift, the "Video Killed the Radio Star" wannabe tune from Owl City about fireflies....they just suck so bad...I wish I could use the "new music" to vacuum my carpet with, because I am sure the high suction value would clean my carpet better than my current vacuum cleaner.

But, among the more obvious horrible tunes, there lurks one that unfortunately, many people say they like. It is the whining, co-dependent ("I need you now") , alcoholic ("I'm a little drunk"), masochistic ("rather hurt than feel nothing at all") booty call tune by Lady Antebellum.

For a similar sounding, but infinitely classier song, with a better message, try
BERING STRAIT'S tune, I could use a hero


One of the new artists I do like, who doesn't sing Rock, is Jason Mraz, with
the reggae sounding tune "I'm Yours". Take a listen at it.
http://www.myspace.com/jasonmraz
Some may say, Code, why are you so tough on these new artists ?

Well, for several reasons. I LOVE MUSIC. I loved rock and roll, it's ability to make my heart beat fast, my eyes light up, get my adrenal pumping. With old school rock and roll, it could get you ready to fight if you needed to, or make love if you got the chance to...it was a General Motivation Stimulus, but nowadays, the tunes from most of these vapid, banal, Perry Como Monotones, just makes you want to have a nice long bowel movement. Music to Shyte By, is all you can call it. Come on my droogs, can you envision getting amped up as a soldier to kick ass and take names listening to Michael Buble's "I JUST HAVEN'T MET YOU YET".

Has our younger generation been numbed to the point of thinking that Owl City's
FIREPLIES is rock and roll ?

Where are modern artists having the balls to do tunes like Aqualung ?

Where are the Thin Lizzy groups ?

or this Thin Lizzy classic (Love it...has that New Jersey feel to it)

Where are the Southside Johnny and the Jukes of today ?
or where the hells are the Johnny Lyons of SJandtheAJ
It's been a long time...

No comments:

Post a Comment